Citroën (French pronunciation: [si.tʁɔ.ɛn]) is a French automobile manufacturer. It was founded in March 1919 by industrialist André-Gustave Citroën, and has been part of Stellantis since 2021. In 1934, the firm established its reputation for innovative technology with the Traction Avant.
Finally, India is getting to see some good French automobile manufacturer this year. With the launch of C5 Aircross, citroen steps into the highly competitive automobile market of India. During a press conference that took place in Chennai, Linda Jackson, citroen CEO, officialized the Brand's arrival in India. This is the major step in citroen's internationalization strategy.
Citroen is all set to launch its first and their Brand's flagship SUV that too going to be assembled in India, Citroen C5 Aircross.
What Does Citroen C5 Aircross Offer?
1. C5 Aircross will offer a 1.5 And 2.0 Litre Turbo-charged Diesel Engine And 1.2 and 1.6 Litre Petrol. The motor has an idle start-stop system for higher fuel efficiency. It will come up with 8-speed torque converter automatic gearbox with a Shift-by-wire system.
2. The suspension is said to be equipped with Progressive Hydraulic Cushion that will absorb the impacts and provide a better and comfortable ride along with the grip control system with terrain management.
3. The top-end variant of the SUV will come with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
4. 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and a panoramic sunroof and a hands-free boot opening function.
5. It will also include dual-zone automatic climate control.
6. The upcoming Citroen C5 Aircross has been build on PSA EMP2 Platform and measures 4500mm in length, 1840mm in width and 1670mm in height. Its wheelbase is 2730mm long along with ground clearance of 230mm.
Citroen C5 Aircross Colors:
Citroen offers 4 colors for C5 Aircross:
1. Cumulus Grey
2. Pearl White with
3. Tijuca Blue
4. Perla Nera Black
Different combinations of roof and body colors also available in this.
Citroen "The Comfort class SUV" will compete with VW Tiguan, Skoda Kodiaq and The 2021 Jeep Compass.
|Varient||C5 Aircross Feel||C5 Aircross Shine|
The price of the car is expected to be somewhere around 28-30 Lakhs Ex-showroom.
|Previous News||Next News|
|2022 Audi e-Tron GT and RS e-tron GT Globally Unveiled||Disappointing FY 2020-21 Budget for Automobile Industry|