Zac Hollis, Brand Director of Skoda Auto India, has confirmed that the new-generation Skoda Octavia will hit showrooms towards the end of April 2021. Its deliveries will be commenced by the end of May. The 2021 Skoda Octavia was first previewed last year with slightly bigger dimensions, improved styling and a more upmarket interior.
1. The new model has been designed on the modified version of the Volkswagen Group’s MQB platform and measures 19mm longer and 15mm wider than the current generation.
2. The sedan’s updated design language brings it in line with the brand’s new models including the updated Superb and Scala hatchback.
3. It carries a sharper design with a more conventional headlamp setup instead of the split units. Upfront, the new Octavia features the signature grille with chrome surround and LED DRLs.
4. Some of its other key design elements include newly-designed 17-inch alloy wheels, a sloping roofline, Skoda lettering on the tailgate and new split LED taillamps.
5. The 2021 Skoda Octavia has a dual-tone interior theme with a newly-designed dashboard and a sleeker two-spoke steering wheel.
6. There is a new 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system integrated on the dashboard. The unit supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with connected car technology with eSIM functionality and Skoda’s Smartlink+.
7. The sedan also has a new 10.25-inch virtual cockpit digital instrument console.
8. On the safety front, the new Octavia offers 8 airbags, traction control, electronic stability control, anti-lock braking system with electronic brake-force distribution.
9. Unlike the current generation, the new one will miss out on the diesel engine. The 2.0L TSI turbocharged petrol motor will continue to be on offer. The gasoline will come with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and deliver power worth 143bhp.
10. The 2021 Skoda Octavia prices are likely to start from Rs 18 lakh and go up to Rs 24 lakh (ex-showroom). The sedan will continue to take on the Hyundai Elantra.
|Previous News||Next News|
|Tata HBX Lower Variant Interior Revealed||Vehicle Scrappage Policy | Fine Details|